Monday, October 1, 2012

Reviewing like a boss

Ahh, nearly done (one left) with the INFOCOM stack aside from the meta reviews due in two weeks.  I will have to say that my initial impressions were correct and this was a very, very good stack.  Only one or two surprises but still, quite nice.  As an added bonus, only three of the papers were tedious reads / re-reads to make sure I understood the central premise. 

With an average I think approaching 4k characters per review, not bad either if I do say so myself.  I do attribute that largely to the quality of the papers making it easier to comment on them rather than ugh, how do I say something nice and encourage the authors to do better.  If my stack is any indication of the overall quality, next year's INFOCOM should be excellent. 

No comments: